Where's the song ~~ "Don't let your daughters grow up to marry a Cowboy" ?

​​​​​​​Life is tough! Requires hard physical work, long, long days of pain, dirt, and broken fingernails.​
​Days of frigid cold & scorching heat; through the dust & mud; daybreak into the darkness of nite~~​
​the heart & body becomes toughened & weathered replicating leather!​
​A forever constant factor for a real Cowboy's Wife is tons of sweat, oceans of tears and a constant 'drought' in the wallet!​
​​
​​
​​
​​​​​​​​​IF​​​​​​​​​​​​​​ she wants to spend anytime at all with her Cowboy, she must do as he does, you become partners!​
​​
​​
​​
​​
​​​​​​Kick off your boots, grab a cup of coffee, sit back and envision yourself in my life!​
​... It really isn't that bad! There are many rewards to be had to make it a great lifestyle! ...​ ​​​​​​​


Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Yippee!!!

Now isn't Cowboy just the SweetestPea you ever laid eyes on??!!


Huh.....you are asking??


(Yes...these are volunteer Sweetpeas..
......and this time of year???? )










No silly............................................> over here!
Hi Speed! Don't really know how it works with DISH, but do know my phone lines won't be tied up & I won't be disconnected randomly! WHOOO knows...maybe I won't be staying with all the Owl into the wee hours of the night!
I Love You Cowboy!

17 comments:

Anonymous said...

He sure knows how to make up for a forgotten anniversary. What a guy! Congrats on your new high speed internet!

LL said...

Congrats on your... erm... higher speed internet. I too use a satellite service and well... it is better than dialup, but alas... it does have it's drawbacks too.

But for now, you'll be in 7th heaven!

The W.O.W. factor! said...

LL~what kind of draw backs? prepare me!

Sarah said...

Sure everything has its drawbacks but lagging won't be one of 'em!

Thrilled for you.

LL said...

Put it where you can get to it when it snows (the dish). You'll need to sweep it off sometimes during the winter.

There's something called latency that you'll run into with streaming videos. It gets annoying.

You'll be surprised at how many times the cloud cover is enough to disrupt the service. Usually when you really really need it for something.

All in all though, you'll LUV it.

Midlife Mom said...

What a wonderful surprise! That man of yours is a keeper for sure!!

Joyce's Journey said...

Thank you so much for your kind comments on my blog. It's so nice to meet you!! I love your sense of humor! I will visit you again and again as I see you have many interesting stories to share!! I really love the W.O.W. Oh can I relate!! Have a great Thursday!!

Unknown said...

What a super guy you have! Christina

Renie Burghardt said...

Woo Hoo, Barb! You'll enjoy it for sure. What a sweet cowboy he is.

Hugs,

Renie

PS. Loved the wedding pictures!

Rue said...

Good morning Barb :)

I just love both of you and I don't even "know" you! Your wedding was beautiful and that man of yours (albeit a little late for your anniversary) is beautiful inside and out, just like you :)

I'm the luckiest DADR in the world!

Happy Anniversary and hugs for you both!
rue

LL said...

Oh! One more thing... make sure you put it where nothing can get in front of it. It uses microwave radiation to transmit and it'll irradiate whatever is in front.

That's why you need to make certain that it is high and out of the way, but still where you can get to it and that you don't stand in front of it when you sweep the snow/ice/slush off of it.

Alexandra MacVean said...

Good afternoon! :) Hope you're having a good week.

Jeannelle said...

The sweetpeas look lovely! Your post is clever!

There's an award here for you here:

http://midlifebyfarmlight.blogspot.com/2008/07/awesome-thinking-awards.html


Blessings on your day!

Mrs. Mom said...

Look at you, blogging away on your high speed internet here woman!! You GO WOW!! ;)

Ya know, I'm not sure how that eHow stuff works...lol... but I reckon that including pics in my posts, plus visits, plus comments will eventually equal $.

Hey- right now, I am up to a whole .09!! Which is cool- it is .09 more than I had ;)

And since blogger is at ummm... .00... lololol

Love the sweetpea flowers... those are soooo pretty!

Greyhound Girl said...

Enjoy and I'm so glad you'll have some ease to visit us all!

The W.O.W. factor! said...

LL~Hrmmm irradiate anything in front of?? I CAN think of a few I'd give it a try on ;0
Not to worry about heighth as I'm plenty short! & sweeping snow or cloud cover?...don't get much of either!

TO EVERYONE~...Thx for your visits! I Too think Cowboy is a 'keeper'...have kept him around this long, don't even want to think about having to TRAIN a new one!
Hi-speed? won't be here until next Wed.~and that is if they can find us! heck FedEx gets lost finding us! So I'm not holding my breath on them showing when they said they would.
Sweet Peas? Never have had voluteers before, & NEVER had ones I did plant, bloom this late in the year! It's a strange gardening yr for sure!
Been a busy day, will visit you all tomorrow!

Alexandra MacVean said...

good afternoon. hope you had a good day. :)