Where's the song ~~ "Don't let your daughters grow up to marry a Cowboy" ?

​​​​​​​Life is tough! Requires hard physical work, long, long days of pain, dirt, and broken fingernails.​
​Days of frigid cold & scorching heat; through the dust & mud; daybreak into the darkness of nite~~​
​the heart & body becomes toughened & weathered replicating leather!​
​A forever constant factor for a real Cowboy's Wife is tons of sweat, oceans of tears and a constant 'drought' in the wallet!​
​​
​​
​​
​​​​​​​​​IF​​​​​​​​​​​​​​ she wants to spend anytime at all with her Cowboy, she must do as he does, you become partners!​
​​
​​
​​
​​
​​​​​​Kick off your boots, grab a cup of coffee, sit back and envision yourself in my life!​
​... It really isn't that bad! There are many rewards to be had to make it a great lifestyle! ...​ ​​​​​​​


Wednesday, July 30, 2008

I goofed!

Yes siree sir! I forgot our anniversary. She's amazing though and never holds things against me. After all these years & all my blunders, you'd think she'd have left me for a better life! I just read her take on our wedding. And she must not be too angry at me, or she wouldn't have put it all out there for you to read.
Because she's been so miserable lately, with my being gone & her in charge of everything despite the pain she suffers with 24/7; her garden being mauled by insects; worrying about her Dads "possibles"; her computer being bugged and outta commission, therefore outta touch with her world of new found friends, I went ahead and ordered hi speed internet through our Dish this morning. i don't know enough aobut anything, so hope Dish does right by her because I had to commit to 18 months. She will be surprised when she wakes up and sees this!
She deserves it, and so very much more! She never complains though. She is the most amazing person I know! She has always put her feelings, or needs on the back burner without giving them a second thought. She'd give anyone the shirt off her back for any reason or any season! She's given me so much over these years! I really love this lady! More than life itself.
That being said, next week sometime after Wed. , she can visit all of you with greater ease & more often!
I am WOW's Cowboy & proud of it!

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! If that doesn't make up for a missed anniversary, I don't know what does!

Alexandra MacVean said...

Awwww...how adorable! I think that completely makes up for things. You rock! :)

wordmama said...

I am so completely touched that Cowboy made up for his flub with such a thoughful gift. A manly, thoughtful gift that will certainly make WOW happy. And then to top it off by doing a guest post - simply brilliant Cowboy. You two are just about the sweetest couple in blogdom. I now have you two fixed in my mind as a tough but romantic cowboy flick with your role bring played by Robert Redford with Barb's role being played by Jane Fonda.

Congratulations on your years of love together and for so fabulously smoothing over a mistake!

Sarah said...

Yeah, Hi-Speed totally makes up for the blunder!

Woo hoo, Barb! You're gonna love it!

Anonymous said...

Dee from Tennessee

Wow....how sweeeeeeeeeet it is!

Mrs. Mom said...

Oh HOW-- thats fantastic! Reading about the two of you, together for so long now, makes me believe in a FUTURE. A really, really GOOD future!!

Keep on loving WOW!

We all love you both! ;)

Theresa @ Take A Sentimental Journey said...

Oh W.O.W. , you are so-o-o-o lucky to have such a sweetie for your husband . That was so thoughtful of him to get fast access. Whoa you are going to be bloggin now !

Oh and Happy belated Anniversary dear !

Train Wreck said...

Oh W.O.W.Cowboy! Now you 've done it! You have spoken on "The Blog!" And on top of that you made all the girls swoon!! You know what that means... We will want to hear more from you! Yep you've gone and done it!! Move over and make room LL theres another "Cowboy" in town! Don't worry I won't run you off with any compliments!
Very considerate of you though, that is why she loves you! and forgives your forgetfullness! You make up for it in other ways! I know all about you Cowboys!! Softees when it comes to your gals!! Nice to meet you!

Train Wreck said...

Now on to Mrs W.O.W! Aww he's sweet and handsome!! A good man I can tell! It's great to "feel" the love you share together! Awesome high speed! I can't imagine going back to dialup! THanks for the laugh about the "milkers!" today!! I am on my way to Texas Friday! (Inside my stomach is in knots!!) I have to fly! Well I don't have to, but with the price of fuel? It is cheaper. My cowboy doesn't want me to drive all that way by myself either! So I will try to get to a computer.. If you don't hear from me That's where I'll be! Happy speedy blogging!!

Anonymous said...

Those are about the two sweetest posts I've ever read. Put tears in these eyes.
To Barb...you're one lucky woman. Perhaps your cowboy could teach my cowboy some manners.

To WOW's Cowboy...you're one lucky man, and I think you know it!

Enough said...Happy Anniversary, Ya'll.

PK

Unknown said...

Way to go husband of WOW!!! Take the lemons and make lemonade!!!!!
Christina

Renie Burghardt said...

And what a sweet cowboy you are! Good thing, cause she deserves the best!

Renie

Anonymous said...

What a super gift!

I also wanted to let you know that you can enter to win a free subscription to GRIT magazine right now... Go to the contests tab on my site.

Blessings!
Lacy

Greyhound Girl said...

I think with this post and new 'net, you might jsut be outta the forgetful hot seat.

Train Wreck said...

I wish I had a lap top I could keep in touch! I will take alot of pics while away!
What!? I'm not right!? ...LOL!!
My husband laughs so hard when I walk around in shorts and boots!! He shot a coyote one day in the early am, I threw his shirt and boots on and went to see it! Well we live in the country! I will post the whole story soon it was pretty funny! Good thing my fella is ALOT bigger than me is all I'm sayin!!