Where's the song ~~ "Don't let your daughters grow up to marry a Cowboy" ?

​​​​​​​Life is tough! Requires hard physical work, long, long days of pain, dirt, and broken fingernails.​
​Days of frigid cold & scorching heat; through the dust & mud; daybreak into the darkness of nite~~​
​the heart & body becomes toughened & weathered replicating leather!​
​A forever constant factor for a real Cowboy's Wife is tons of sweat, oceans of tears and a constant 'drought' in the wallet!​
​​
​​
​​
​​​​​​​​​IF​​​​​​​​​​​​​​ she wants to spend anytime at all with her Cowboy, she must do as he does, you become partners!​
​​
​​
​​
​​
​​​​​​Kick off your boots, grab a cup of coffee, sit back and envision yourself in my life!​
​... It really isn't that bad! There are many rewards to be had to make it a great lifestyle! ...​ ​​​​​​​


Tuesday, July 15, 2008

And he's off...

(and so has been my phone lines!!! They had better plan to reimburse me for 3 days of NOTHING!)

This was Saturday...

And he's off.... to the North Cascades Country!

...not quite as early as he planned...

THAT just never happens! Cowboy decided to give all 3 horses baths before heading out, and then there's all that last minute stuff...like checking oil, tires, double checking the horses left behind for me (he put them all in bigger pastures & loaded up their feed to save me some work for a day or so), better sit on the porch with W.O.W. & drink another cup of coffee...

Then there is packing the cooler and loading everything up. Checking the "lists" twice. The girls, Tess & Millie have NOT gotten out of the truck once, this a.m.! Guess they decided there was NO WAY they were going to be left behind like last year!
They are older now (will be 2 yrs in Nov)...wiser...more "useful"...have a better sense of "the Job", listening to commands & obeying the 'git arounds' - the 'away to me's ' etc...

Ok...we had to have another cup of coffee together..go over last minute phone numbers, cell phones for those who have them (which is everyone but my Cowboy!)

Enough dilly dallying! It's 10 a.m. and daylights a burnin'!
Time to Load 'em up!
Here's Bro...a 2 year old stud, belonging to a lady in Hawaii .
Hubby has 90 days on this fellow, a well behaved Gentleman!

Here's a Not Named Yet...2 year old filly belonging to a gentleman on Vashon Island.
This one, Cowboy has 60 days on.

Here's Miss Kitty! ...a 3 yr old filly that belongs to people in Tacoma .
Cowboy put 60 days on her last year, 90 days this year.

The Girls are ready...come on Boss, let's git goin'!

G'Bye :( ...there goes my Cowboy!

Away they all go to the wild country!

They all have their work cut out for them! Hubby talked with Steve last night and guess the cattle are skattered for miles...due to a raging fire a few days ago, that has burned up around 2,000 acres of their summer range. Hopefully it's going to be pretty close to containment.

He did tell me he'd stop and get a disposable camera...but I know that won't happen! He is just too excited to be up there! I'm sure by now, it's already flitted out the other side of his brain, my request that is.
Besides, even if he did, he'd never remember to take a pix! I'm not sure in all our years together that he's ever taken a picture...except when he was shoeing in AZ!!
Then it was only documenting the progress on hoof problems that he worked on.


************************************

~~~SULKY SUNDAY~~~

I still haven't heard from my Cowboy...duh...probably because we still don't have working phones! I can only hope that the friends who are expecting him would have called the Sheriff had he not made it up there....!!!

Talk about feeling totally isolated now! All has been calm around here, luckily...

Hmmmm....
Our Daughter and her family are vacationing in Cabo San Lucas!!

Our Son is vacationing at Whistler in B.C.!!


and Hubby is "vacationing" in the mountains!!

(atop a ridge of summer grazing ground -1997)

Where would I go if I could??


I do love the Ocean!


Maybe I should abandon all that is here and go out there!! Oooo...walking the ocean beaches with the waves lapping around my ankles is just one of the best things I know of, to provide a peacefulness in my soul.
I miss being able to do that!!

************************************

~~~MOPEY MONDAY~~~

I've been mopey all day...I'm just lost without my partner in life! And dagnabit anyhow! Sure wish my phone would start working! No one around 'close' has it.
Sometimes these small town utilities can be a royal pain!
I can't seem to get myself motivated! I did get all the necessary chores done and that's all I can seem to account for the day!

Thank goodness for the those 'kids' we know that live about 40 miles away. They were born & raised up there where my Cowboy went. (Actually, there are only 4 family ranches that live in that same area...these 'kids' were two of those family names!)
Today, about 4pm, Rae drove out here to tell me that Hubby had called them & asked them to let me know all is well.

Whewww, I should be able to sleep better tonight!

It was so nice to have some company for awhile. Her hubby is the one who got hurt a month ago when a horse fell on him & broke his pelvis in 3 places, so he was at home & we just had 'girl' time to chat about their upcoming little cowpoke due Dec. 1.

After Rae left, I decided to cook myself some supper! I went all out tonight! PB & J!

My meals are simple when left to feed only myself...3 things I eat...when alone....
1) TRIX cereal

2) P B & J's


3) TACOS


Saturday, I made my large batch of taco meat, grated cheese, chopped lettuce, onions, olives & tomatoes ~ enough to last me all week! That is just what I do! I fill in with the other 2 items! I'm easy to please ~for myself!
You know~ the KISS system:

Keep It Simple Stupid !

If my phone ever gets to working again....I've got alot of catching up to do! Blog visiting!
* * * * * * * * * *
Yea!!....just woke to let the Yorkies out ...thought I'd check and sure enough...for the moment, the phones are working, so I'll pub this puppy! Now m'be Hubby will call me in a few hours before they head out for the day!! He'd better!!

10 comments:

LL said...

Ahhh... I see you've got the rural phone company that we all seem to have inherited.

Ours is pretty good though. Now the power bumps on the other hand...

Everyone wants to live in the middle of nowhere until they get a good taste of isolation. That usually cures them quickly.

Glad to see you up and about, hope you can sit and relax for the next few days, but if you really need it, I can try and send my little friend up your way to keep you company... ;P

Greyhound Girl said...

Hey nice to know your back and all is well with you AND hubby! Sometimes old fashioned "alone time" can be too much of a good thing.

Your pictures are wonderful, by the way!

Hope you enjoy yourself and don't go to stir crazy until hubby gets back!

Sarah said...

Man! I was startin' to wonder where you were!

Sorry you're lonely. I hate that!

It's looking like we're going to the Oregon coast this weekend, wanna come? :)

The W.O.W. factor! said...

LL~ Actually our power Co is better than the phone service! At least in getting it restored quickly when it fails.
I'm actually better today...knowing the phone works relieves alot. I can live without ALOT...but for some reason, the phone is like a security blanket..IF I need to reach out & touch someone..I can!

Prof~ alone time IS good....for awhile, even just knowing Hubby is somewhere close and will be in for supper, makes me feel not alone...

Sarah~ YES!!! I absolutely LOVE the Oregon beaches! I found these 2 pix to put in this post of Seaside! I WANNA come along! I'll babysit!!!

LL said...

BTW... Trix are for kids... ;)

The W.O.W. factor! said...

LL~ Humph!Now don't go calling me an old Goat! Why do ya think I eat Trix??? Huh?? To keep the KID alive in me!! ;)

Mrs. Mom said...

WOW_ we are not that far off the east coast, if you are interested in beaches down this way! ;)

Glad you are OK there- was starting to think you'd gotten lost on us out there in the back pasture checking stock....

Chin up- Cowboy will be home soon, with plenty of tales to tell! ;)

Train Wreck said...

I love Trix!! I am glad your computer works!! I hate the phone! It's usually a telemarketer! Always late too! If you get too lonely you just head this way. I am alone this weekend too. My step daughter won their championship softball game, and they had to go out of town to play for state champs!

Rue said...

Hi Barb :)

I wondered what happened to you!

I'm glad the phone lines are working and that you heard from your cowboy :)

I like your idea for the meals on your own (LOL) Throw in some chocolate and I'm there ;)

hugs,
your adopted daughter rue

The W.O.W. factor! said...

Mrs Mom~ EAST coast? That's a tad far for me! The Pacific is much closer! Never have been to the Atlantic...only to VA & DC in the dead of winter..Not lost, altho that IS tempting :)

TW~Congrats to your daughter! So, let's plan a party! You are only a 'few' states away..shouldn't take too long to get there ;)

Adopted daughter Rue~ Hon, Chocolate is just a GIVEN!!! It gets eaten all day long!! That and coffee! Think I'm a caffine addict, eh?