Where's the song ~~ "Don't let your daughters grow up to marry a Cowboy" ?

​​​​​​​Life is tough! Requires hard physical work, long, long days of pain, dirt, and broken fingernails.​
​Days of frigid cold & scorching heat; through the dust & mud; daybreak into the darkness of nite~~​
​the heart & body becomes toughened & weathered replicating leather!​
​A forever constant factor for a real Cowboy's Wife is tons of sweat, oceans of tears and a constant 'drought' in the wallet!​
​​
​​
​​
​​​​​​​​​IF​​​​​​​​​​​​​​ she wants to spend anytime at all with her Cowboy, she must do as he does, you become partners!​
​​
​​
​​
​​
​​​​​​Kick off your boots, grab a cup of coffee, sit back and envision yourself in my life!​
​... It really isn't that bad! There are many rewards to be had to make it a great lifestyle! ...​ ​​​​​​​


Friday, July 4, 2008

Quick update...

I'm exhausted........this past week of being a Cowboy's Wife...
has totally drained me~mentally & physically
I will get back to all of your comments tomorrow.
(Thank you for the warm thoughts & well wishes!!!!)
Hubby’s jaw & neck are quite swollen. He is black, purple ‘n blue on the right side of his face, neck & chest. He can barely get a raspy word out. Front side of right shoulder is bruised, swollen & is obvious that a hoof landed/dragged there. He promised me that if come Monday, he still can’t talk, he’d go to the Dr. (That worries him more than the inability to raise his arm or pain when trying to cough!) He said it feels like he got hit in the throat with a baseball bat!
When I was helping him get his clothes off last night., he asked “are you tired of having to do this so many times?”
NO hesitation on my part… “YES!”
Until tomorrow then.....after all the chores get done....by me. (and I might be a little slow!)
Have good night & thank you again!
Definitely the W.O.W. factor tonight!!

5 comments:

LL said...

That doesn't sound well... good. Take care of things and we'll wait for as long as it takes on this end of the screen.

Sarah said...

I know we're a couple hours away, but if we can do anything to help...let me know.

Rue said...

I'm glad he's going.... Men are so stuborn!

Take care and I hope he's better soon.

rue

The W.O.W. factor! said...

LL--think the swelling is going down some, talks better this evening. I asked, "as many times as you've been hurt and broken...honestly, do you think anything is broke?" No, just muscles he says. Maybe right...we'll see how tomorrow goes

Sarah--You are so sweet! One of these days we'll have to meet!!
I was told tonite from a good friend in Prosser...sometimes you just have to ADMIT you need help!! I'm not there yet, but thanks for offering...I'll let you know when I "break down" ..K?

Rue--I think he and I "feed" off or each other, actually, he WILL go to a Dr sooner than I will. My folks said I've been stubborn since the day I was born! :) At least I'm something!!

wordmama said...

Man, those cowboys really are a tough breed! From the sounds of his injuries, I would have been calling in the troops! You are one tough mama and he's lucky to have you! Here's hoping that this morning he wakes feeling even better and that your troubles also start to melt away!