Where's the song ~~ "Don't let your daughters grow up to marry a Cowboy" ?

​​​​​​​Life is tough! Requires hard physical work, long, long days of pain, dirt, and broken fingernails.​
​Days of frigid cold & scorching heat; through the dust & mud; daybreak into the darkness of nite~~​
​the heart & body becomes toughened & weathered replicating leather!​
​A forever constant factor for a real Cowboy's Wife is tons of sweat, oceans of tears and a constant 'drought' in the wallet!​
​​
​​
​​
​​​​​​​​​IF​​​​​​​​​​​​​​ she wants to spend anytime at all with her Cowboy, she must do as he does, you become partners!​
​​
​​
​​
​​
​​​​​​Kick off your boots, grab a cup of coffee, sit back and envision yourself in my life!​
​... It really isn't that bad! There are many rewards to be had to make it a great lifestyle! ...​ ​​​​​​​


Monday, July 28, 2008

Things happen....

...for reasons, and I'm just not sure what they are!

First of all, THANK YOU ALL for your encouraging words & staying in touch with me! It means a lot to me!

"LIFE" UPDATES:

  • BLOGGING FRIENDS...I am coming to visit you! I've missed knowing what's going on in your worlds!
  • COMPUTER...got a virus last week. Finally 'wormed' my way around it today to connect to the Internet so I could try to 'fix' it. Will know soon if it worked! At least I got connected!
  • MY DAD..."we know NOTHING until we know SOMETHING!" Hate this "waiting" process. Hopefully we'll know more on Wed. He is feeling better with a new Rx. But, I know it is a 'symptom' reliever, not a cure.
  • OUR SON...He flies to N. Dakota on Wednesday...to decide if he wants to live there for the job that is being offered him. If he says "Yes"...he'll be gone from only being a short days drive from us by Sept 1.! That will sadden me...but I know he's been waiting for this opportunity for awhile, so I'll be happy for him!
  • COWBOY'S TRIP...That'll have to be another time...I'm too far behind on things!
  • A GIFT! ...from a dear friend I've met here in this blogging world! I just received it today from Professor. It's a book "Montana Women Writers, A Geography of the Heart". I am sooo very excited to start reading it! And it makes it even more exciting because.....
  • MY ROOTS...I just found out this past week, begin in MONTANA! (or at least part of my roots!) My GGFather & GGMother homesteaded around Helena between 1868 & before! (State records only start at 1864)...My Grandfather was born in Cascade. And more will come in another post! So much info that I didn't know before! It's exciting for me! It proves to me that my dreams and thoughts as a child, that I should have been born 100 yrs prior...have some sustenance to them!

Now....Off to see what you all are up too!

16 comments:

Unknown said...

Omy... so glad to see you back! A virus is never a good thing! I can't wait to hear about cowboy's trip. Your dad is in my thoughts and prayers. As is your son. It is always hard when they are so far from the nest. A book... how neat! Roots are always important. I find it interesting, that I find more and more ancestors that were "down to earth" so to speak. Anyway.... good to read ya! Christina

LL said...

Ooooo computer AIDS... you shouldn't be visiting those kinda websites WOWie... for shame.

Glad to see you back in the etherworld (that means cyberspace (that means the internet)) :P

Theresa @ Take A Sentimental Journey said...

Welcome back ! We missed you . Isn't geneology interesting ? My dad was really into it ,he studied our family history and traced it back to royalty in England. I laughed and told him how strange it was that the further down the line we went the poorer we got ! hehehe . Have a good evening .

Anonymous said...

Welcome back! Computer viruses are SO frustrating.

Your dad and son are in my prayers. If your son takes the job, he'll be near me. I'll keep an eye on him for you. ;-) My son goes to school in Fargo, so I'll be sure to keep tabs on yours if necessary when we go visit, k?

Patti said...

So who's side was in Montana? Had to be Grandpa's. Grandma's was in St. Paul in the early 1900's. Hmm...Guess I never knew about where his side came from.

Patti said...

Oh, and why aren't I on your blogroll? If I had a blogroll, you'd be on mine. :) :)

The W.O.W. factor! said...

Christina~Glad to be back! I actually felt soo lost! And no one to 'talk' to! I love learning about my roots, now that we have more of a 'starting point'.

LL~yea, yea...take all my fun away!

Theresa~LOL!...seems as My lineage..wasn't too well off (dunno for sure, will show you a pix of a house GGM lived in in 1900..another post) ...and my caring on, didn't accomplish much either!

Terri~ SOOO glad all turned out superbly with you & your Dad! Just might take ya up on that keeping tabs...he will be in Fargo, if he takes the job

Patti~Patti~silly niece! I have you in my "Fav's"...but I WILL put you in my blogroll! Why don't you get one?? You need to blog more often, hard to keep tabs on you if you don't! :)
And yes....it would be YOUR GGF born in Cascade, YOUR GGGF who homesteaded there abouts...(too bad things weren't documented within our family more...would make things easier today). Stay in touch & I'll keep you up to date as I learn more! Love you Kiddo!

Caffienated Cowgirl said...

Good to see you back :)

Midlife Mom said...

Welcome back! Glad you got around that darned old virus and got the 'puter going! We missed you!
Hope things are going better with your Dad. It's so hard when they are sick, can't help but worry. I have worrying down pat sometimes! Take care and write when you can!!

Rue said...

Good morning Barb!

I'm sorry to hear about your dad. I pray they find out what's wrong soon.

How incredible that you found your roots in Montana! I've been looking up ancestors for about 10 years now and I'm stuck on two relatives, but most of my family goes back to the 1500s. It helps that they have an unusual name ;)

I hope your virus is cured soon and I'm glad you're back!

hugs,
DADR rue ;)

Renie Burghardt said...

Hi Barb,

Good to have you back! I'm always worried about computer viruses. There are so many baddies out there, thinking up new ways to cause problems for people.

Prayers will continue for your Dad. Oh, we like to have family members close, but it doesn't always work out that way. My older son and daughter live 700 miles away, but they come and visit often, and we keep in touch daily. I'm fortunate that my middle son lives close, and visits every week.

Montana roots sound interesting, and oh, that book sounds wonderful. I know I'd love it.

Anyhow, looking forward to your great posts on the cowboy and your life in general, and finding out what kind of bugs those were in your garden. :-)

Take care!

Hugs,

Renie

wordmama said...

I'm so glad you're back! Every day I'd check in on you to see if your dad was okay. When I saw your comments on my blog, I raced over to see how you were. I'm sorry to hear they haven't been able to mend your dad up yet, but glad that he's being carefully watched.

I'm lucky that my hubby is an undercover nerd, so viruses are quickly killed off in our house. I'd be lost without him though!

Here's hoping that the news just gets better and better for your family!

Alexandra MacVean said...

Good to have you back. You have been missed. I check your page daily. Welcome back and may you have a beautiful day. :)

*hugs*

Sarah said...

Oh good, you're back.

I'm complete now!

No, didn't go to the beach without you. You let me know when yer ready!

Missed you like crazy.

Mrs. Mom said...

Welcome back WOW! We sure missed you from this corner of the world too! ;)

Hope that things work out well for your Dad, and Son. And hope that your puter decides to behave for a while!

Train Wreck said...

Great photos! You are a HOTTIE!! Pretty, Pretty, girl! Looks like it was a beautiful day for your wedding! Congratulations on your anniversary! I love the kiss the bride photo! LOVE the waiting line! Crack me up!! Oh Uncle Harold! What a great man he must have been! I got a little choked up at the "Warm gentle squeeze!" What a great inspiration to you! Hug and Squeeze from me to you!