Where's the song ~~ "Don't let your daughters grow up to marry a Cowboy" ?

​​​​​​​Life is tough! Requires hard physical work, long, long days of pain, dirt, and broken fingernails.​
​Days of frigid cold & scorching heat; through the dust & mud; daybreak into the darkness of nite~~​
​the heart & body becomes toughened & weathered replicating leather!​
​A forever constant factor for a real Cowboy's Wife is tons of sweat, oceans of tears and a constant 'drought' in the wallet!​
​​
​​
​​
​​​​​​​​​IF​​​​​​​​​​​​​​ she wants to spend anytime at all with her Cowboy, she must do as he does, you become partners!​
​​
​​
​​
​​
​​​​​​Kick off your boots, grab a cup of coffee, sit back and envision yourself in my life!​
​... It really isn't that bad! There are many rewards to be had to make it a great lifestyle! ...​ ​​​​​​​


Wednesday, July 16, 2008

The Eve of Destruction....


....at it's "FINEST" !!!


HORSES can be real Destructive!!


This one is getting a taste of my NEW remedy...we'll see if it works!
I mixed 1/4 cup Cayenne pepper, 20 drops of Tabasco into 1 1/2 cup water.
I just 'painted' it on the chew shots! Hope it burns them into quitting!

Figures...they just HAD to get it chewed through while Cowboy is gone! I'll be keeping an eye on them all today....see how well they like HOT LIPS!



~~~~~~~~~
Is there CROP INSURANCE for a homeowner???
~~~~~~~~~

"I am sooo BUGGED" !!

Something is eating my plants!
These are just a few! Coleus & Japanese Maple

Then....
there is THIS! I haven't a clue what this bug is...I saw them 2 days ago, eating the weed Koshia, no problem! Go for it! Yesterday...they just about consumed ALL of my beets!

Today.............my spinach is gone!
If you look really close, maybe you can see these blackish/gray 3/4" bugs, devouring the beets!
They don't seem to sting...just cling when I walk through them!
Just hosed them off my beans, because that seems to be their next course!
I need to find something that works!
Preferably in the next minute!
Seems as this swarm can consume everything in sight within minutes!


Between the wind storms wiping out the corn & now this infestation, I'm ready to go out with a machete and destroy whatever is left! I've never had problems in my veggie gardens in all my years!





With the state of the economy...
I NEEDED this garden to be productive,
not destroyed!




~~~~~~~~~

MICE have invaded my domain!

~~~~~~~~~

During the wee hours of the last few nights, I've been "hearing" something... I donned my slippers, a flashlight & a bat....guess what I found!

They are chowing down on the dog food in the hall closet!












They like sunflower seeds too! Even the Jalepeno ones!!!
They found these in the basement!

~~~~~~~~~

DOG GONE IT...anyhow!!
~~~~~~~~~


Just got 'caught' red handed! Ooops....maybe that is 'brown-pawed'...

The Old Man Mac....must be UPSET he got left behind!


He probably knows the Cowboy went to his old stomping grounds! Where he was born & raised, and learned to work cattle!


Here's two of the 5 holes I've found that he has dug thus far!!







~~~~~~~~~

....and then in comes RELIEF!
~~~~~~~~~

Yesterday....I was blessed with a visit from FedEx!

I received a package from one of my dear Blogging friends...TOCCO!
A sampling of her Gourmet House Blend & Sumatra Black Satin!
MMMMmmmmmm ... GOOD!!
Sat on my front porch last night as the sun was setting on the horizon beyond those "amber waves of grain"
...sipping a cup of Sumatra Black Satin....AWESOME!
I'm all de-stressed now after all the de-struction!

Thank You TOCCO!

18 comments:

LL said...

Been told that a cribbin' horse is lacking something in its diet. I think they're just bored...

Razor had a magic bug elixir here a few days ago, perhaps you should try it out.

The W.O.W. factor! said...

Hey... I DID try it..to no avail ..Now I'm fixin' to go dose 'em with the same stuff I put on the fence rails!! Boy..you got on here quick! I was still editing this!

Unknown said...

Honey... you deserve more than coffee!!! Although I am glad you are enjoying it! You need to let calgon take you away.... I think that beach trip is what you need! If I was close enough, I would give you a great big hug!
Christina

LL said...

Quick? Nope... just bad timing... ;)

Rue said...

You need brandy in that coffee after all that!

I'm guessing you tried apple bitter for the cribbing. Have you tried vinegar?

I hope things get more "relaxing". When your cowboy gets back, tell him you're leaving him for a week at the beach ;)

hugs,
rue

The W.O.W. factor! said...

TOCCO~ You are too kind! Maybe like Rue said, put some Brandy in that coffee...but NOT yours! I'd put it in my store bought! Calgon, wow, haven't heard that for years! Do they still make it?? Besides, my hot water tank hasn't been replaced yet..the one that accomodates the tub :(

LL~Ya know, these horses have their mineral blocks, they get good feed, and except for this week, they all get ridden & worked every single day! And they aren't in no little 16x16 pens either! Why would they want to be bored? I don't git it!

Rue~No I haven't tried vinegar..we have been using it for fly control and works pretty darned good (except for those huge PIA horseflies!) Think I'll go dump vinegar on it tomorrow! THAT ought to be good with all that HOT stuff don't ya think?

Anonymous said...

I never had any cribbers, but in the barn where I boarded my horses, there was a western pleasure horse who cribbed. I was told they do it out of boredom, put some toys in there like a hanging ball or something.

Sorry to hear about your 'little friends'...try giving them some 'hot sauce', then you can sit back, enjoy that coffee AND have a good laugh!

Bugs??? I don't see no friggin' bugs!

Where do you live?? I'll be right there to pick some lavender, you know I'm up on road trips!! *smile

Have a great day,
PK

Unknown said...

Good Morning.... Have a great day!
Christina

Heidi said...

stinkin mice!!! They are such a pain in the butt!! We get field mice that are actuallly really kind of cute but we call them pack rats - because they will store SO MUCH STUFF!!! The darn horses, little buggers, hope the 'soup' works and for the dog - well - a couple big hugs should help out!!! LOL Thanks for stopping at my blog, I really LOVE to see that people enjoy reading what I have to say - cant believe anyone wants to listen to it, at home no one cares!! LOL

Theresa @ Take A Sentimental Journey said...

Hi, Thanks for your visit to my blog. I am so glad to meet a new friend ! And thank you for adding me to your blog list, I'll add you to mine.
Now about those mice and dog holes... I bought a plastic garbage can & just drop the whole bag into it and put the lid on it and wah-la ! no more troubles with the mice !
Now about those dog holes....I just now came in from watering my tiny flower garden ( because I can't have a big one for the darn dogs!! ). Had to feel up 2 big holes he had dug ! I get so cussing mad I cold scream!! I sat down out there the other day after I throwed a BIG #$#^%&^&&%$$# ! FIT and just cried like a baby!
My g.daughter was here and she said , Mamaw I have never seen you so-o-o mad .
I just got through spraying ammonia water in the bare places, I had heard they don't like the smell of ammonia.Does anybody know what I can do ? Hubby thinks the world of these dogs, so I can't get rid of them.
They wait til I leave , then they do their digging !
So I vented on you. :0) ;0)

Theresa @ Take A Sentimental Journey said...

that should say "sorry I vented on you " in the above post. And instead of " cold scream " it should be " could ".
I hope I am notgoing to have a bad day. LOL.

Mrs. Mom said...

Hmmm... I will have to ask my Dear Husband when he gets home, but there is a great garden show we listen to here... and he has a website that can tell you a mixture to chase away the blasted bugs in the garden. Of course, by the time I sort it all out, and FIND the link... the blasted bugs will probably have eaten you into nothingness there!

Hope the darn horses leave things alone for a little while there too!!

Sarah said...

We headin' to the beach yet? Sounds like you need it!

I'll try to make sure Jaylee keeps her potty mouth shut. :)

Renie Burghardt said...

Wow, poor Barb! You sure have had some problems. Wonder if the bugs are Japanese Beetles? I can't tell from your picture. I heard on the news that some areas of the country have a big problem with them. Thank goodness they aren't around here! Not sure what you can do to protect your garden though.

The tip of keeping the dog food in a plastic garbage can with the lid closed was a good one. Also, you could get a couple of cats. They sure would help get rid of the mice.

Your coffee sounds sooo good! I'm sure it helped calm you down. :-)

Hope today is going much better, and horses and dog are staying out of trouble!

Hugs,

Renie

The W.O.W. factor! said...

Mrs Mom~ Sorry...I couldn't wait..I was desperate!

PK~I'm in Washington, Lavender may be gone by the time you get here! :)

teresa~I know Border Collies are known for creating "Land Mines" & the need for flashlite in the dark, but this Old Guy, never used to dig!

Sarah~ WA-a-a-a-a-a it for me! I'll HURRY!

Heidi~Cute? have to agree...sort of..

Renie~can't have cats..the young Border Collies would have a 'hayday' with them!
I DO know that dryer sheets work keeping mice away...I'd forgotten that it's been about a year since I put any in the basement & closets..

Train Wreck said...

Use pipe!! LOL! I know, We can't afford it either!! I think they just get bored, And only some horses do it!
I hate mice!! Disgusting little creatures!! I had a dog (jack russell) that could catch them! (Shudder!!) Hope you get rid of them! Maybe II will let you borrow his window ornament!! Bleah!

Sarah said...

Alright lady, it's been four days. Where are you?!

Do I need to come out there and look for ya?!

Caffienated Cowgirl said...

Dang...yes, that coffee would make everything better :)