Where's the song ~~ "Don't let your daughters grow up to marry a Cowboy" ?

​​​​​​​Life is tough! Requires hard physical work, long, long days of pain, dirt, and broken fingernails.​
​Days of frigid cold & scorching heat; through the dust & mud; daybreak into the darkness of nite~~​
​the heart & body becomes toughened & weathered replicating leather!​
​A forever constant factor for a real Cowboy's Wife is tons of sweat, oceans of tears and a constant 'drought' in the wallet!​
​​
​​
​​
​​​​​​​​​IF​​​​​​​​​​​​​​ she wants to spend anytime at all with her Cowboy, she must do as he does, you become partners!​
​​
​​
​​
​​
​​​​​​Kick off your boots, grab a cup of coffee, sit back and envision yourself in my life!​
​... It really isn't that bad! There are many rewards to be had to make it a great lifestyle! ...​ ​​​​​​​


Friday, June 6, 2008

Thought I was having a bad day....

...first the goats damage, then Hubby's damage, then the hot water tank (luckily we have 2 ! One for the other part of the house) blew out thru the bottom, flooding the closet, bathroom & hence, saturating everything in my suitcase. Then hear the weather for Minneapolis is calling for STRONG severe thunderstorms etc...I'm scared to death of tornados...and truthfully? Flying isn't something I'm thrilled about, let alone in severe stormy weather!

But my day was a cake walk....

Terrible, terrifying day for 2 families...one family we know from Keith doing Day work once in awhile at a feedlot closeby. A bitter divorce, husband couldn't deal with...they are Hispanic & he wanted to but was not allowed to return to Mexico until divorce was over...forced his wife in a car, drove out to some abandoned old school house. Shot his wife, and then himself. She is in the hospital now, 75% chance of making it....He didn't. What possibly saved her, was she texted her daughter on the way out to the boonies,saying where they were headed....she grabbed her Grandfather and they got out there w/911 call made in route. Ohhhhhhhh...I feel for that daughter, what she had to witness. 14 yrs old...too too much! I'm just heartsick!

Just get off the phone, and it rang again!

Two young ranch kids we watched grow up, fall in love and marry....2 yrs ago. They live not too far from us now. Just bought their first home 6 months ago, just getting started! He got in a horse wreck today, laid in wait for Rae to get there from work (he luckily had a cell phone on him)...broken pelvis. He is the 5th person we know, locally, in JUST one short year...to be hurt seriously in a horse wreck!

And now I'm worried even more! We don't have cell phones, no coverage out here, no one will be 'expecting' Hubby each day I'm gone...I DID tell him, after all this horrible news...IF I don't hear from him by 10pm Minnesota time, I'll be calling every rancher & farmer we know! I've got all their #'s with me now.

So torn! Feel like I should stay home...help these 2 families in such tragic situations! I can't get a refund on my plane ticket...and yet my family is counting on me! I know Keith will do all he can for both the families. But is should be BOTH of us! "Neighbors" in this country, ALWAYS help each other! They drop all they are doing~ in times of need!

I am soooooooo ashamed of myself for thinking I was having a bad day!

No comments: