Where's the song ~~ "Don't let your daughters grow up to marry a Cowboy" ?

​​​​​​​Life is tough! Requires hard physical work, long, long days of pain, dirt, and broken fingernails.​
​Days of frigid cold & scorching heat; through the dust & mud; daybreak into the darkness of nite~~​
​the heart & body becomes toughened & weathered replicating leather!​
​A forever constant factor for a real Cowboy's Wife is tons of sweat, oceans of tears and a constant 'drought' in the wallet!​
​​
​​
​​
​​​​​​​​​IF​​​​​​​​​​​​​​ she wants to spend anytime at all with her Cowboy, she must do as he does, you become partners!​
​​
​​
​​
​​
​​​​​​Kick off your boots, grab a cup of coffee, sit back and envision yourself in my life!​
​... It really isn't that bad! There are many rewards to be had to make it a great lifestyle! ...​ ​​​​​​​


Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Fresh cut grass...

...fills my senses & calms my heart.
I absolutely love the smell! (Yankee Candle used to make one with that name...they seem to drop all the my favs!)
Been sitting on the front porch, drinking my 5 cups of coffee, savoring the moments, languishing in the scents. (that'd be 2 scents essential to my well being...Cut grass & Coffee!). It's warm, wind free (for a change!) & the deer have been out! Hardly ever get to see them. It's fawning time, so they stay hidden well.
Hubby decided to get up early, 4.am....borrow a tractor and mow one of our pastures overgrown with mustard, etc. Fire season will be here before we are ready.
(The Grain Train that passes out front by the State Rd., started 2 fires by our drive 2 wks ago... I always worry because we have a wooden bridge to cross to get to our house! It is a 40' drop from that to the creek below!...no driving thru!)

In the depth of my slumber, I could hear the quiet humming of his labors, and soon the scent began to reach through my open windows & doors~ right to my senses! Oh... such a pleasant way to awaken! (Yes...mustard & other weeds being cut DO smell of fresh green grass. Possibly becasue there is masses of it...or the moisture in the stems..or because it's do to the oxygen all things green emit. dunno, don't care...it's just a fact!)

So my day begins with what I love most...aromas I adore, quiet sunshine, and the one I love most! My Hubby!
What could be more perfect!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a perfect start to a day to me!

Sarah said...

Mmm, grass! Josh and I used to have a lawn-mowing business and I loved the smell. And there's something about the smell of cut grass early in the morning. I miss that job....

Greyhound Girl said...

And this is why I love love love MT... it gets in your blood...