Where's the song ~~ "Don't let your daughters grow up to marry a Cowboy" ?

​​​​​​​Life is tough! Requires hard physical work, long, long days of pain, dirt, and broken fingernails.​
​Days of frigid cold & scorching heat; through the dust & mud; daybreak into the darkness of nite~~​
​the heart & body becomes toughened & weathered replicating leather!​
​A forever constant factor for a real Cowboy's Wife is tons of sweat, oceans of tears and a constant 'drought' in the wallet!​
​​
​​
​​
​​​​​​​​​IF​​​​​​​​​​​​​​ she wants to spend anytime at all with her Cowboy, she must do as he does, you become partners!​
​​
​​
​​
​​
​​​​​​Kick off your boots, grab a cup of coffee, sit back and envision yourself in my life!​
​... It really isn't that bad! There are many rewards to be had to make it a great lifestyle! ...​ ​​​​​​​


Thursday, June 19, 2008

Speaking of Chicken...

...guess what we had for supper!

NO!...silly...we didn't butcher the 'cute hen' ! :)
My Man is a beef man, but does like his fried chicken/mashed taters/milk gravy & blueberry muffins!

But...didn't have that either!

I tried a new "recipe"...(I love trying new things). I love cooking for Keith. He has said from day one when we met..."there's no point in working, if I can't eat the way I want!" And he loves to eat! Since he works outdoors 24/7/365, his body utilizes it properly, thank goodness! He graciously appeases me & eats whatever is put before him. Truthfully, all these years together, millions (or what seems like millions) of experimental recipes later, his dislikes~ I could count on one hand. Sad thing is, I never write down what I did, so I could create it again! So our meals are usually 'unique' !
So...tonight's fare was green salad (greens from the garden~I do plant them early), green beans w/bacon & onions (home canned, of course), my "tonites" version of rice pilaf, and....(drum roll plez....) Oven baked chicken breasts dipped in eggs (no...not from That chicken!) coated with Italian seasoning, corn meal, drippings of vinegar/oil dressing all over & topped with fresh grated parmesean cheese.
Was still moist, slightly crisp & a tad tangy.

Guess what? "Hey Hubby...you'll like it! "
And he did!
So now that I have it 'written' down, when I think of making
"that chicken stuff I did way back in June of '08! " I'll just go to my Archives!
(Measurements don't matter...I never measure anything anyhow!)

I'm sure Little Miss Hen could smell supper cookin' tonite, so bet she's turned the heat up in her feathers for them little "ovalettes" beneath her!

3 comments:

Jeannelle said...

Hey, thanks for stopping by at my blog, and I'm happy to find yours, for its making me smile right now!

My husband, too, works very hard and has that bottomless pit of a stomach, meaning he's happy to eat anything that gets placed in front of him on the table.

I like all your COFFEE interests!

Unknown said...

hi! i stumbled on your blog from pioneer woman :) great site! lots of fun stuff to read and some great links!

Greyhound Girl said...

This sounds soooooooo yummy!!!!! What time's dinner? I'm coming to you house! I have some chicken in the freezer and now I know what I'm doing with it! thank you!