Where's the song ~~ "Don't let your daughters grow up to marry a Cowboy" ?

​​​​​​​Life is tough! Requires hard physical work, long, long days of pain, dirt, and broken fingernails.​
​Days of frigid cold & scorching heat; through the dust & mud; daybreak into the darkness of nite~~​
​the heart & body becomes toughened & weathered replicating leather!​
​A forever constant factor for a real Cowboy's Wife is tons of sweat, oceans of tears and a constant 'drought' in the wallet!​
​​
​​
​​
​​​​​​​​​IF​​​​​​​​​​​​​​ she wants to spend anytime at all with her Cowboy, she must do as he does, you become partners!​
​​
​​
​​
​​
​​​​​​Kick off your boots, grab a cup of coffee, sit back and envision yourself in my life!​
​... It really isn't that bad! There are many rewards to be had to make it a great lifestyle! ...​ ​​​​​​​


Monday, June 16, 2008

My Cowboy & I are together....

...again!
Wow! 9 days away from home is a long time! Especially when you are in love like my hubby & I are! After all these years, we still have that 'spark'! He told me I can't go anywhere again....without him! And if that's the case...then we need to make some changes in our lifestyle! Like having way too many animals to be responsible for...and even more importantly...having more money so we could afford to go places...and possibly hiring a local kid to do chores, which means more $$$ with the price of gas to get someone to come out this far!!
Don't see that happening any time in our near future! (The more money thing!) Hence, not getting away much won't be on the agenda either!
Would love to go to the ocean! I find such peace there! Love walking the beaches at nite and in the rain! In my younger days, while going to college, I'd go to the Oregon coast to spend the day to do my studies. Sit in a coffee shop over looking the surf, eat soup, study (if raining), and take walks periodically. If not raining, would hunker down against a piece of driftwood, wrapped in a blanket and study all day.
Why did I go to college?? ....To "prove" I could, to those who thought I couldn't.
And then marry a Cowboy for an austere way of life? Becuz he stole my heart! :)

Hubby ain't too keen on the ocean...he'd rather be high in the mountains, a horseback, like the days we ran a pack outfit. I enjoy that too, but that's where most of our time has been spent...a horseback. He knows how much I love the beach...so I know he would oblige. We've only gone 3 times in all these years!
Think it's time again!
Hmmmm...just might have to make the plans! I grew up on Whidbey Island, spent my childhood at all the beaches. Barnacles and all! Oh what fun those days were! (wouldn't want to be that young again, but would love to have the freedom and the time!)

Ooops....got lost in Nostalgia~land....

Getting to know my nieces was awesome! One is married with a really cool husband. They are moving to Wisconsin on their next new adventure...a new job for them came up while I was there! A great young couple!
Then the Graduate...Wow! She is sooooo cool! And has her "head on" very straight! I was so impressed! And what a doll!!! She did "keep" me up til the wee hours of a nite....don't think I went to bed before 2: am any nite there! One for sure, was 4 am...a few others after the 3: am mark. I'm a nite owl, but 8 nites like that and then up and at 'em by 9 am?? Zapped me big time!
Will treasure those days & all the memories! It was wonderful!
My sister has had 'issues' with me over the years....mainly 'cuz she felt I didn't care enough about the family to do things different...like get good paying jobs in order to be 'present' at family functions more! But, we had a great time rekindling our Sisterhood! (Hopefully those issues are in the past, and won't crop up again as they have every few years!) I love her dearly...and have hated the times we did not get to share, all the missed long conversations, the hugs, the tears, and the reminiscing as sisters should....
Life can be cruel...Life can be challenging...but Life is what we make it!
And my hubby's and my life together has been the best!

No comments: