Where's the song ~~ "Don't let your daughters grow up to marry a Cowboy" ?

​​​​​​​Life is tough! Requires hard physical work, long, long days of pain, dirt, and broken fingernails.​
​Days of frigid cold & scorching heat; through the dust & mud; daybreak into the darkness of nite~~​
​the heart & body becomes toughened & weathered replicating leather!​
​A forever constant factor for a real Cowboy's Wife is tons of sweat, oceans of tears and a constant 'drought' in the wallet!​
​​
​​
​​
​​​​​​​​​IF​​​​​​​​​​​​​​ she wants to spend anytime at all with her Cowboy, she must do as he does, you become partners!​
​​
​​
​​
​​
​​​​​​Kick off your boots, grab a cup of coffee, sit back and envision yourself in my life!​
​... It really isn't that bad! There are many rewards to be had to make it a great lifestyle! ...​ ​​​​​​​


Tuesday, June 17, 2008

My Cowboy...

...is more 'comfortable' now that I am home.
Guess, just knowing that I am here, boosted his confidence again so that he could get back on a horse comfortably & do what he does best. He got quite scared when that friend of ours got hurt. Keith, being old enough to be Todd's Dad, and hasn't been too seriously hurt by horse in a long, long time, began worrying about it! Last serious injury, was about 15 yrs ago on the ranch in Montana when he broke his back. He was younger, recouped faster, & mentally, had more acceptance in "it goes with the territory" !
He had a great day today, accomplished a lot with the young horses he has....and I couldn't be happier! I was pretty worried that he might just give up. A 12 week lay up, like Todd, would devastate us finacially...and he is extremely concerned about that...yet today, he was able to put that on the shelf of his brain & not allow it to affect his connectivity with the horse's mind.
He worked for a local rancher today moving cattle to different grazing grounds. The girls, Millie & Tess, love these kind of days! They can go forever...and love trailing the cattle, and yep, even getting in a nip or ten!
Old man, Mac, had to stay home. He's 13 and it would have been too much for him for one day. Oh he was not a happy camper either! He "knows" when certain things are going on and wants to be a part of it!
Mac is like us tho...older, not so quick, wears down faster....no matter how hard we fight against it!

Think I 'caught' something from the confines of those 2 plane rides...not so up to parr today. Fighting a chest cold, I think. Sure wish I had some SMZ's ! (That's sulfamethazine---Vet variety). We've always used animal pharmaceuticals when we can, as they are cheaper. Alot of them are the same drugs as the human variety, just the handling and packaging are different. (I learned that when I worked for a Vet some years back). But...WOW..SMZ's are awesome in stopping a cold IF you start them the moment you notice it coming on!

Anyhew...I just putzed in my veggie garden today with a little weeding (I always keep up on that chore as it's easier than tending it when it's a mess) and I had to replant some corn...like 4 rows worth! While I was gone, the birds had a feast! There are vacant hollows where they pulled the seeds fresh out of the soil, and some 2-3" ones were flopped over & wilted dry, that must have been too hard to pluck! They also helped themselves to my cantaloupe. No sign of carrots yet...and doubt it'd be bunnies!
Truthfully, you know Bugs Bunny and his love for carrots? Well...the past two summers we've lived here with those hundreds (seems like thousands!) of cute cottontails that devour most anything...they don't mess with my carrots! They actually make 'beds' within the leafy tops...probably cuz it's cooler there. Would not have believed it myself had I not disturbed their naps with my approaching footsteps, which would send them racing through the garden & out the fence! Weather has been strange, so will give them 'til this weekend to show theri pretty little green tops. We actually had snow last Tues. while I was gone!

No comments: