Where's the song ~~ "Don't let your daughters grow up to marry a Cowboy" ?

​​​​​​​Life is tough! Requires hard physical work, long, long days of pain, dirt, and broken fingernails.​
​Days of frigid cold & scorching heat; through the dust & mud; daybreak into the darkness of nite~~​
​the heart & body becomes toughened & weathered replicating leather!​
​A forever constant factor for a real Cowboy's Wife is tons of sweat, oceans of tears and a constant 'drought' in the wallet!​
​​
​​
​​
​​​​​​​​​IF​​​​​​​​​​​​​​ she wants to spend anytime at all with her Cowboy, she must do as he does, you become partners!​
​​
​​
​​
​​
​​​​​​Kick off your boots, grab a cup of coffee, sit back and envision yourself in my life!​
​... It really isn't that bad! There are many rewards to be had to make it a great lifestyle! ...​ ​​​​​​​


Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Worn out cowboy boots....

...and rain, don't make for warm bedfellows! Danged rain today, anyhow! It was supposed to be a good day!
Hubby worked most of the horses he has in here to start, rivers running off the brim of his hat, down to his seat in the saddle. Yea, he decided to call it quits early today hoping he could come in, dry off and 'cool off'! It plummeted from 89* the past 3 days to 56* today.
At 2pm, "Could you please replace the rusted out bathroom sink with that cheap, sale bin, Home Depot replacement we bought 2 months ago?" That's all I asked of him....grumbling, he set out to oblige. Mind you, we have renovated almost every house we've lived in, yet plumbing is NOT his forte!
Here comes 5pm and much cursing later, mission still not accomlished due to this 107 yr old house we live in....none of the the prior renovations, plumbing-wise, was done with the idea someone just might have to replace things! I hollered that the goats are out eating my ready to bloom Irises and Columbines!
Well, without creating more grumblings & cursing, as I've learned to do over all these years, the only choice was for me to gather my rain gear, slip on my boots and collect the goats myself! (if I didn't do that, my sink would never get attention for maybe another 2 months! Which in my earlier years, I'd have just done it myself, but time have taken a toll on my strength...and doing things a woman should not have done, has given me nerve damage in my most used arm...I'm a lefty)
Goats and me don't get along real well...at least not the "goats on the loose"! They have a tendency to want to eat up all my hard, rewarding work! That being my flowers! Sure, Keith thinks the goats have a purpose....to train the young Border Collies on, but my thoughts are different!
Needless to say, by 7pm the sink was still not in working order...he stripped the copper fitting for the water connection! so who knows now, when it'll get finished! We don't live anywhere near a hardware store and with the price of gas, and many miles to travel...and now money that's so hard to come by anyhow, must be spent....could be next year!
..........OH........back to the worn out cowboy boots....yes, Hubby's old Olathe boots are in dire straights and he notices their condition (or should I say lack of!) more when the mud seeps in chilling him to the bones in the wind and rain! Oh, well.........could be duct tape is in order! Been there....done that many times! LOL!

2 comments:

Egghead said...

I just feel like I am right in that bathroom with you and that rusty sink.

Train Wreck said...

HAAHHAH!! I just did a search for worn out cowboy ( I had hat but accidently erased it) Any way I clicked search images...You me and John Wayne showed up!! Well We are someone now aren't we!! Woot woot!! "Well Pilgrim?"