Where's the song ~~ "Don't let your daughters grow up to marry a Cowboy" ?

​​​​​​​Life is tough! Requires hard physical work, long, long days of pain, dirt, and broken fingernails.​
​Days of frigid cold & scorching heat; through the dust & mud; daybreak into the darkness of nite~~​
​the heart & body becomes toughened & weathered replicating leather!​
​A forever constant factor for a real Cowboy's Wife is tons of sweat, oceans of tears and a constant 'drought' in the wallet!​
​​
​​
​​
​​​​​​​​​IF​​​​​​​​​​​​​​ she wants to spend anytime at all with her Cowboy, she must do as he does, you become partners!​
​​
​​
​​
​​
​​​​​​Kick off your boots, grab a cup of coffee, sit back and envision yourself in my life!​
​... It really isn't that bad! There are many rewards to be had to make it a great lifestyle! ...​ ​​​​​​​


Saturday, May 24, 2008

Ok......so it's a Holiday!

...Memorial Day weekend. Bet most everyone out there is doing something fun, going somewhere exciting, cooking on the barbie, or picnicing...whatever.
As per usual...we are staying at home, doing nothing special. Being a Cowboy's Wife, a self-employed Cowboy you might want to call him, means WE are the one responsible for making sure all the critters are fed, watered, healthy and safe. 24/7 ! Don't live near anyone to ask to watch over things...besides, it's a Holiday! And anyone within a 6 mile radius of us, is no doubt doing things I'd like to be doing!
We miss out on sooooooo many things Rrrrrrrrrr!
So, I'll just do what I do.....garden! and Blog, of course, unless the weather gets warm and beckons me outside, like it did today. I stirred up my veggie rows some more, mixing that wonderful decomposted manure and compost pile additives another time. Besides, everytime I do that until planting time, it rids the space of more baby weeds! The more weeding you do, it's the game "pay it forward" ! Within a few years, the weeds will become the minority! And boy is that ever a reward!
I planted things friends have given me and moved and replanted others to accomodate the new things. I am frequently changing my mind on things, as they grow and as new arrivals show up on my doorstep. But what the heck, it gives me another chance to use some more of my sweet-aroma compost dirt in every hole I dig. And the plants give thanks to me by blessing me with beautiful colors and/or frangrances!
9:30 pm our time...and as the days get longer, we stay outside way too long; eat supper way too late. Not healthy! and no matter hard we try to change that, the habit was established so many years ago, we just can't seem to break it! So, now that is past sunset, I'd better get off my duff & fix some supper! Sorry, Hubby, Beef! is NOT what's for supper tonite! Just good ol' Nachos!

No comments: