Where's the song ~~ "Don't let your daughters grow up to marry a Cowboy" ?

​​​​​​​Life is tough! Requires hard physical work, long, long days of pain, dirt, and broken fingernails.​
​Days of frigid cold & scorching heat; through the dust & mud; daybreak into the darkness of nite~~​
​the heart & body becomes toughened & weathered replicating leather!​
​A forever constant factor for a real Cowboy's Wife is tons of sweat, oceans of tears and a constant 'drought' in the wallet!​
​​
​​
​​
​​​​​​​​​IF​​​​​​​​​​​​​​ she wants to spend anytime at all with her Cowboy, she must do as he does, you become partners!​
​​
​​
​​
​​
​​​​​​Kick off your boots, grab a cup of coffee, sit back and envision yourself in my life!​
​... It really isn't that bad! There are many rewards to be had to make it a great lifestyle! ...​ ​​​​​​​


Monday, August 19, 2013

Demolition Day!

...I tried choking back tears...to no avail.
Not only are my yard, shrubs and flowers being destroyed....
but so are secrets, dreams and memories that this house of 113 years held.

"Ready or not...here I come! And I'll take this tree with me as it is in my way!"
First big bite! This machine is hungry!
Second bite....
Soot and ash fills the air...and everything the air touches!
There goes my laundry room!

Saved the back fireplace and chimney for dessert!


5 1/2 hr later....poof! Gone!


Cowboy Wife

12 comments:

Shirley said...

That must have been heart wrenching, even though you knew it had to be done.
Will you build on the same spot?

Sherry Sikstrom said...

Oh my!!! So glad to see you back, but I clearly have some catching up to do !

Sarah said...

I have no words. But I have a whole lot of love and prayers for you two.

I'm so sorry.

Janice said...

I'm so glad to see you posting again...you sound so much happier now that you are home...even given the poor circumstances. I am looking forward to reading about your progress with everything.

LL said...

Need me to come up there? Bring you a bowl of soup or something? ;P

DesertHen said...

Oh my! My heart squeezed while reading this post! How hard this must have been for you! Hang in there, better days and better things are on the road ahead!

Robynn's Ravings said...

I'm sitting here shell shocked at all you've been through in the last few years. I've been gone, too, after a surgery that went terribly awry so I did not know ANY of this. My heart aches for the loss of your dear sister, your very hard experiences in Texas, and then losing your BEAUTIFUL home. But in a style typical of YOU (as I remember you), you have shaken the dust from your sandals, found the silver lining, and now you have much to look forward to as you and the cowboy rebuild.

Tonight I was going through my old blog roll and dumping things no longer relevant to where I am in my life but when I saw you, I knew I had to come here immediately. I'm so glad for the visit and I look forward to hearing about your progress. God bless you guys and hello from an old blogging friend. :)

dickiebo said...

Tonight I was going through my old blog roll and dumping things no longer relevant to where I am in my life but when I saw you, I knew I had to come here immediately. I'm so glad for the visit and I look forward to hearing about your progress. God bless you guys and hello from an old blogging friend. :)
My feelings precisely! Best of luck to you both.
Dickiebo

RURAL said...

I'm so sorry that life is just being nasty lately...it's awful, and it must be harder then ever to watch them take down that house.

Please keep us updated on the progress, and I can only send wishes for better days ahead.

Muddy Boot Dreams has moved to a new spot, could you change any links to www.muddybootdreams.com

Thanks, Jen

mrscravitz said...

Something told me to go thru my older blogs. I would check yours every once in awhile and was excited to see your posts. CURRENT POSTS! I am so sorry about the house. But glad the road has led you home. I look forward to more posts, and the construction of your new house that will soon become your home.

Liz said...

Awww so so sorry you had to have your home demolished. Big hugs and I hope you rebuild soon

Far Side of Fifty said...

I was so shocked to catch up with all your news. Fires are so terrible. I see you have a travel trailer..at least it is a place to hang your hat. I hope things work out for you... I hope you keep on blogging!! Now you can start anew with those gardens! Sending good thoughts your way:)