From "Misty's" family and ours, thank you!
Tuesday, January 27, 2009
Sunday, January 25, 2009
They allowed you to reach out,
You seized the heart of the garden~
Your blooms emerged in unfaltering silk
You were sturdy, yet delicate;
Your stems arched high into the heavens...
“Misty” ...we will miss you.
You are a Rose ...
Wednesday, January 21, 2009
Monday, January 19, 2009
Batman & ROBIN have been icons in our lives since the 1940's. They have appeared in the comics, as TV series and on the big screen in several versions. Everyone adores the sweet youthful face of Batman's sidekick~the popular~ROBIN.
The distinguished ROBIN Williams landed in our laps, in 1978, as an alien who came to Earth from the planet Ork in a large egg-shaped space ship via "Mork & Mindy".
ROBIN has been a welcomed 'visitor' in our lives as a comedian/actor extraordinaire!
Who doesn't welcome ROBIN Williams on their screens?
I, personally, would welcome him into my home!
The triumph of good over evil!
The robbing of the rich to give to the poor!
There is a mystical vision, a magical interpretation that has been woven into the rich tapestry of who ROBIN Hood truly is.
I have alwys wanted 'to believe' that he existed.
History records indicate it would have been sometime in the 13th. Century.
~If ROBIN Hood truly existed~
Becoming stranded on a beautiful island in 1894, through the words of Daniel Devoe, is the story of the illustrious ROBINson Crusoe.
Since childhood, this story has continued to intrigue me. I read the words, I saw the movies, and watched the TV series ...always "dreaming" of such a place, a life, such isolation...even with pirates and palm trees!
ROBINson Crusoe has remained an intricate part of who I am, why I am.
Tuesday, January 13, 2009
Saturday, January 10, 2009
The "Lottery" I won far exceeds those meaningless types~ by a long shot!!
Last night, we stopped and picked our mail up before heading in our driveway.
He was not familiar with the return address on this parcel,
After the lesson and some time BS’ing, which he is very good at,
2 quarts was all they had, but it was better than none.
He immediately knew…..
This box and it’s contents would be something special to me!
As he entered I heard “Honey…..I’m home!”
Yes Siree Sir! He was right!
After reading the wonderful card, I'm already dripping with tears,
nestled in colored tissue paper and bubble wrap,
there were little treasures to be discovered!
Yes, that bright and sunny yellow box screamed "Open Me!"
...but TW wrote on it "Open me Last"...so obliged!
There, laying carefully on some bubble wrap, was two matted pictures from
"Gillespie Galleries"! I am truly honored to have her work in my home!
I'm estatic that she'd share them with me!! ~sobbing, sniff, sniff..
(Please forgive my pictures, they are taken from the lost & found camera from the haystack
...sandwiched between fallen layers for 2 weeks in the freezing/snow!
Yea, I know, that is not the real reason for lousy pictures...
it is the person behind the lens, but humor me, Ok?!)
Besides these beautiful
was a mug with
She knows I LOVE
so now each morning,
we can enjoy a
It is no secret that I love Candles...Ya all know that...but my goodness! Would you look at these? One candle came in a twisted barbed wire holder...how fitting is that? I absolutely love it!
The others, you can't tell probably, but they are little apple candles! The wick is the stem! And since I live in the apple capital of the world state...what else should I have in my home but Apple Candles!! The are the sweetest little candles!! Just for me!!
Wrapped carefully in colored tissue is the coolest Paperweight!
I don't know if someone makes them????
Duh...some one does make them, but I'm not sure if I know that person! Anyhow, it is a 'wordle' with the words:
ME/1)to hold dear 2) to treasure, adore, value, love
3)to keep deeply in my mind
We do have a lot of wind here do you think this is to hold me down?
Or maybe it's to keep me "grounded"...Yea, I think so.
...wiping tear, runny nose...
more tissue please...
Then as I unwrapped deeper, lo and behold is the neatest thing!
Inside the Mason jar, is a package of lentils and peas for making soup.
Tied to the bale in a tiny bag is a stone~heart shaped!
A large heavy soup ladel and a tied scroll telling the story of
Stone Soup! I absolutely love this!! It is sooo ME!
Now, if you remember the second picture, the Yellow Box!
that would have been much too large for me, so that was a good thing.
But....it ended up being "too large" anyhow...for my heart!
The tissues got used, Cowboy grabbed another bucket and more towels...
for the rivers flowing down my cheeks were not stoppable by dams...
He kept telling me that you all love me~
even though I'm someone you all have never met!
And he keept smiling...so sweetly...patting my hand...
Telling me it's because he is so happy for me!
Happy because through this 'family' I have found here...
He says he notices me not spending as much time worrying,
How can I ever thank you?????
There are not enough words.........
........there is not enough time!
Friday, January 9, 2009
I am SPEECHLESSSSSSSSS...
I JUST now received a package...
I can't stop crying!!!!
OH MY GOSH!!!
I will write later...when the tears stop....
OOooops ...that may mean you'll never hear from me again!
OH MY GOSH!!!
**EDIT...8:41 pm....it's AWESOME....and I'm still shaking so bad...this next post is "tough" on me!
Told Cowboy, I might have had a heart attack had he not caught me....
but said I can't do that 'cuz then he'd have to post about my 'departure' and he's not into doing that...wheeew...
Wednesday, January 7, 2009
See it?? It's Midnight...1-7-09
Yep...the cow coughed up this photo for me! Nice of her wasn't it?
What 48 hours can do for my spirits!
My wintertime blues!
Midnight Sunday hovered at 13 degrees with gruesome clouds looming above.
When I awaken come morning…I do believe it will all be gone!
Maybe I should stay up all night,
watch the magic as it all melts away into Spring?
Fantasy? or Reality?....please be Reality!
Snake and all!
YOU have never, nor could you,
There is a difference between having HORSES in your life
You then have those HORSES in your life ...
...and don't judge people for things you know nothing about!
Sunday, January 4, 2009
Ok…who the heck Scrapped me?? Far too many of you I'd say!
What in tarnation are you all trying to tell me anyhow?
In my book, Scrapping is what you do with something that’s old or no longer useful
So you think you want Scraps of me?
Well, hope you don’t regret Scrappin’ this ol’ gal!
I've thought long and hard as to whether I'd do this or not.
I then remembered that some of you already know more about me
than my own family does~ as since the beginning of my blogging last May,
it's been no holds barred as my fingers tap away at the keyboard!
So, here's some more dirt on me.
Just be sure to fill the hole back in when you are done reading!
Shovel will be provided!
Start Diggin' my friends...
1) I may be a short, lightweight, lefty…but don’t let that fool you! Cowboy always warns people that dynamite comes in small packages! I can hold my own with most men, pull more than my own weight, stand tall for what I believe in and punch with my right if necessary! (I’m sure for these reasons, I won’t be caring for myself by the time I’m 60-70…but then, someone had better shoot me!
If there are any takers on this deed, we can sign a contract now, so I can rest easy...)
2) I tend to hold my anger or frustrations inside. In all honestly, I’ve only totally ‘lost it’ 3 times in my life! Twice with Hydro (daughter). First was when she was 8..she threatened to jump off the rail of a bridge into a dry creek... (She was mad at me for something). Running towards her, with willow branch waving , she got off and ran up an embankment like a deer! I was hot on her tail with my blood boiling! Unfortunately, my endurance could not match a spry 8 year olds. I was exhausted by the time I got to the top where she stood so smug, all I could do was hug her! Not out of love…but for needing to hang on and catch my breath and wits!
Second time was during those trying “mother/daughter” years (I'm still amazed my Mom survived 3 girls!). One evening I was so angry (hmmm..can’t remember why now though) , I
stormed flew out of my room, charged at her with my finger wagging and tongue flailing as she sat in a rocker in front of ceiling to floor windows…she honestly thought I was going to shove her out through the glass…and I wanted to.
My third time of cutting loose was with Cowboy! 20+ years ago.....before he quit drinking...hence he hasn't drank since!
3) I dreamed since I was a young girl ~of having my own Nursery/Greenhouse. Becoming a Cowboy’s wife as I did, meant following the Cowboy way, not getting my fingers in the dirt of my choosing! You must move and move again to where ever a Cowboy needs to go. Where the work is! We have moved 22 times in our years. Bought, built and/or remodeled (100% with our own hands)...7 of those times. If there was anything already hinting of “landscaped”…I’d hand dig it all up and start with my own ideas. I planned & planted. I watched my endeavors spring to life, become as I dreamed they be! Just as they’d begin to flourish~it was time to move again. That's as close to my dreams I've ever gotten.
(3 ½: I never totally unpack everything!)
4) I went to college and became a Paralegal. I needed to prove to "someone" in my life…that I was capable! That I deserved to be treated as a valued person; that I warranted respect. While going to college full time, working full time…and never ever neglecting the young lives of my children....
I didn’t get much sleep in those days…heck I still don’t.....
I learned a valuable lesson because of my Advisor. To be assertive! And assertive I became!
I divorced "the reason" I needed to go to college! (Yep…I was married before!) I never went on to pursue that career, because I had accomplished my goal! And it felt wonderful! I began to actually live & breathe again! Then I met Cowboy….and with like #3, a Paralegal career would not fit into that lifestyle.
And I didn’t care! I have no regrets.
5) I’m a self taught ‘electrician’! Electricity bothers me NOT! I wired and rewired those houses I talked about in #3. (Cowboy fears electricity!) Each time I passed inspection the first time! I am the designated electric fence tester. I can grab hold and hang on without care! Electrical things in my life have a very short life span. Toasters, irons, sewing machines, handheld phones, curling irons, hair dryers, (like I ever need these!), coffee pots, (my trusty Bunn is the only one that survives my coffee passion…the 3 I’ve owned have each lasted a min. of 4 years! Others…a max. of 4 weeks!). The list goes on and on including computers. I have ‘fried’ 2 of my own and 3 at jobs I’ve held.
Warning, never hire me if you want your computer to live!
6) My Cowboy and others call me an Artist. That is a HUGE title, one which I’ve yet to acknowledge. Pencil is one I prefer, etching on scratchboard is another. I give it all away to who ever thinks they want it. I have kept a few of my favorites and only when we moved here, 3 years ago, would I allow them to hang on my walls. (I am my own worst critic). I love working with wood and building things. Outside? Nature and it's gifts provides me another palette to get creative with! I took up stained glass last winter, making my own patterns and teaching myself as I learned, burned & cut myself, broke and cussed at many shards! Funds and economy stopped me in my tracks, from pursuing it again this winter.
7) I am a perfectionist! And I hate myself for it sometimes! A few hints....when I edge my lawn…I use an old kitchen knife & scissors, while on my hands and knees to making the “perfect” curve or straight edge.
When I paint walls (which I love to do. I am forever changing the colors in my house)...I use a tiny artist brush at the ceilings, the floor, around the trims & tiny 'surprises' sprinkled about. Takes me hours and hours. I tolerate no ‘slips’ or misses!
Cleaning? A toothbrush and my hands and knees are my companion! These days I make sure I have my reading glasses on so I miss not a single speck!
9) I could be a vegetarian easily. I am pretty (ridiculously) finicky about my meat! Corn fed beef (done our way!) and hung for 30 days (costs more though but worth every dime or rather dollar!) on my orders or I won’t patronize that butcher, cut NO fat off! Pork MUST have fat also! I cannot eat store bought pork or beef! Or most other people’s idea of GOOD meat!
Better put on and pull up your waders....this one is deep!
10) If I were alone…I would live at the ocean. The Pacific...Oregon shores are the best!
Rain or shine!!
I'd live on tacos and PB & J's...& coffee of course!
I L-O-V-E the ocean…the peace it brings me.
Now, hang on to your saddles here …those of you who love them…I would never have to see, speak or hear the word HORSE again! On MY turf!
Now that I’ve been ‘forced’ into scrapping my life…
Here's your shovel, as I promised~now start filling the dirt back in!
While you are at it....please shovel my snow too!
**EDIT: 1/7/09**..if you feel the need to leave a judgmental email instead of a comment, please go here first.
Thursday, January 1, 2009
The following are my two most treasured memories...
Ten days was not long enough!!
Let's go have some fun!
Who cares if it is only 12 or 13 degrees!
When you are young...
temperatures don't affect you much.
(I can vouch for that!)
The snow covered hills are calling!
(Mickey Blue Eyes & Papa)
The first day,
I'm telling my "Son"...(Hydro's WH) ->->
Now this is Freezing Fun!
(it really was!)
Mickey Blue Eyes and Dil had a blast creating a sledding run in deep, deep dry snow! Not an easy task either! Both "Sons" thought that driving a 4x4 up the hill would make for easier sledding. That was not possible! After a few trips down the hill, tredging back up again, Papa had an idea! Why not pull them on a sled behind the pickup...on a country road! He used to do that when our kids were young!
Oh how Mickey Blue Eyes and Dil enjoyed that! "Go faster Papa!"....and he did!
The next day, both "Sons" asked for permission to extend the sled run up higher!
It will make for more speed, more giggles....even more hiking, I might add!
They were granted permission to cut the fence (behind where WH & I stood...above picture). Fence cutters in tow and shovels in hand, those adult men (..or rather Boys, as they are both kids at heart!) set off to make a sled run to be remembered! Complete with jumps! They would send the kids down for "compacting purposes" and by the time the kids climbed back up, the "boys" had extended the run by atleast another 15-20 feet. When all was said and done, that run was over 300 meters long! You can't see the steepness to the slope from that picture,
but if you knew Palouse country...it gets mighty steep!
Way to go Dil!! as he crashed over the last jump towards the bottom!
Sledding speed (or was that sailing?)
got to...who knows! Way too fast!
The "Sons" tried so hard to get down their
own creation on those plastic disks
and toboggans, but they aren't built
for the 200# club so they never
reached the speed the kids did!
Or what Hydro and I did!
It was quite hard on
thee ol' bum at the packed bottom,
and over the jumps...
but what great fun!
Your turn Mickey Blue Eyes!
Hey! You are flying backwards!
Now we can't have a long day spent in freezing weather having a blast without some good ol' hot chocolate, now can we?
Would you look at those rosey cheeks?
After a warm supper and the chill
has left your bones, you can begin to feel
your feet again so why not do some dancing!
The Cowboy swing of course!
And do our kids ever know how to dance!
They spent years watching Cowboy and I!
Ok, Grammy, I've been outside today for over 7 hours without a break...I think I'll relax and read a good book!
Now, this Dil, is our "Brain" grandchild!
He is only 9 and reads 12th grade level stuff!
And a speed reader on top of it!
And comprehension like I've never seen!!
(he's been reading the newspaper since he was 4)
And then there is our Mickey Blue Eyes..
She is our Miss Independant~Jokster
and such delight for us!
Come on Mommy and Uncle C...
let's play another game,
but not Monopoly
Time was filled with games and giggles galore
I can't show you the gag
I'm in one of them!
We had tons and tons and tons of love surrounding us!
Cowboy and Hydro ... it had been 3 years since hugs could be shared between them!!
(I love this Picture!)
Our Christmas together ended much too soon!
We all vowed that it was the best ever and that there will never,
ever be so much time lapsed between building more beautiful memories~ together
Thank you, thank you...Hydro, "Son" aka Wonderful Husband (WH),
"Son", Dil and Mickey Blue Eyes for making these memories of 2008 so profoundly beautiful!!
(and Thank you Hydro and WH for capturing these pictures!)
One is how wonderful my gardens displayed
for me last summer! Each year, with every
new growth and bloom, I'm amazed and
filled with pride!
I yearn for Spring, as I am anxious to expand my lavender, as my original plants blessed me with so
many new 'babies'... they are in pots and
ready for Springs arrival to find their own new beds!
Besides, I hate Winter!
I know, I just told you that last post...
but it's true!
Secondly, is the memories I've found here in this wonderful world of blogging!
I have made such wonderful friends here!
Shared in so many lives! Discovered amazingly talented people!
I am so blessed and so very thankful to have met each and every one of you...
so I'm dragging you along with me as we enter into a wonderful and brighter New Year!