Wednesday, July 30, 2008
Yes siree sir! I forgot our anniversary. She's amazing though and never holds things against me. After all these years & all my blunders, you'd think she'd have left me for a better life! I just read her take on our wedding. And she must not be too angry at me, or she wouldn't have put it all out there for you to read.
Because she's been so miserable lately, with my being gone & her in charge of everything despite the pain she suffers with 24/7; her garden being mauled by insects; worrying about her Dads "possibles"; her computer being bugged and outta commission, therefore outta touch with her world of new found friends, I went ahead and ordered hi speed internet through our Dish this morning. i don't know enough aobut anything, so hope Dish does right by her because I had to commit to 18 months. She will be surprised when she wakes up and sees this!
She deserves it, and so very much more! She never complains though. She is the most amazing person I know! She has always put her feelings, or needs on the back burner without giving them a second thought. She'd give anyone the shirt off her back for any reason or any season! She's given me so much over these years! I really love this lady! More than life itself.
That being said, next week sometime after Wed. , she can visit all of you with greater ease & more often!
I am WOW's Cowboy & proud of it!
Tuesday, July 29, 2008
We just had our anniversary on the 24th, which Cowboy forgot, by the way...
I do forgive him though, as in our chosen way of life, we rarely know what day it is anyhow! They all meld into one another, days into weeks, months into years.
I can not begin to tell you about the miles we've traveled,
Open that gate & bring on the muscles, bales of straw & plywood!
It's was a long day, filled with friends, family, laughter, & wonderful memories! A good time was had by all! We got baby calves as wedding gifts which ran around all day with the 9 puppies ... catching hugs & loves by everyone! (wished my picture taking Brother would have got some of those!)Some of our guests were camped out in the fields overnight, to share in a hearty breakfast!
I cannot thank Uncle Harold enough! He taught me to search out & live my dreams; pay no mind to the road blocks that may appear, just work around & through them; have fun, laugh, love & enjoy life! His greatest teaching was "Don't EVER stop learning!" He never did!
I love this man with all my heart & he showed his love & support in my life like no other!
I know, he knew I was there holding his hand at the end....he gave me that warm gentle squeeze, as he had done for so many years!
I still hold on to those squeezes in my heart!
Monday, July 28, 2008
...for reasons, and I'm just not sure what they are!
First of all, THANK YOU ALL for your encouraging words & staying in touch with me! It means a lot to me!
- BLOGGING FRIENDS...I am coming to visit you! I've missed knowing what's going on in your worlds!
- COMPUTER...got a virus last week. Finally 'wormed' my way around it today to connect to the Internet so I could try to 'fix' it. Will know soon if it worked! At least I got connected!
- MY DAD..."we know NOTHING until we know SOMETHING!" Hate this "waiting" process. Hopefully we'll know more on Wed. He is feeling better with a new Rx. But, I know it is a 'symptom' reliever, not a cure.
- OUR SON...He flies to N. Dakota on Wednesday...to decide if he wants to live there for the job that is being offered him. If he says "Yes"...he'll be gone from only being a short days drive from us by Sept 1.! That will sadden me...but I know he's been waiting for this opportunity for awhile, so I'll be happy for him!
- COWBOY'S TRIP...That'll have to be another time...I'm too far behind on things!
- A GIFT! ...from a dear friend I've met here in this blogging world! I just received it today from Professor. It's a book "Montana Women Writers, A Geography of the Heart". I am sooo very excited to start reading it! And it makes it even more exciting because.....
- MY ROOTS...I just found out this past week, begin in MONTANA! (or at least part of my roots!) My GGFather & GGMother homesteaded around Helena between 1868 & before! (State records only start at 1864)...My Grandfather was born in Cascade. And more will come in another post! So much info that I didn't know before! It's exciting for me! It proves to me that my dreams and thoughts as a child, that I should have been born 100 yrs prior...have some sustenance to them!
Now....Off to see what you all are up too!
Monday, July 21, 2008
....just lost for words right now..
Cowboy made it home safely Saturday night about 2:15 am. Not to worry, all went well.
I just have some other pressing news to deal with in the next few days, regarding my Dad.
When I know more, and my heart isn't so heavy with worry & my mind isn't twisting like a wild whirlpool in the deep sea of scattered thoughts....I'll be back to check in on all my blogging friends! Ok?
Thursday, July 17, 2008
Wednesday, July 16, 2008
HORSES can be real Destructive!!
This one is getting a taste of my NEW remedy...we'll see if it works!
I mixed 1/4 cup Cayenne pepper, 20 drops of Tabasco into 1 1/2 cup water.
I just 'painted' it on the chew shots! Hope it burns them into quitting!
Figures...they just HAD to get it chewed through while Cowboy is gone! I'll be keeping an eye on them all today....see how well they like HOT LIPS!
Is there CROP INSURANCE for a homeowner???
Then....there is THIS! I haven't a clue what this bug is...I saw them 2 days ago, eating the weed Koshia, no problem! Go for it! Yesterday...they just about consumed ALL of my beets!
They don't seem to sting...just cling when I walk through them!
Preferably in the next minute!
Seems as this swarm can consume everything in sight within minutes!
Between the wind storms wiping out the corn & now this infestation, I'm ready to go out with a machete and destroy whatever is left! I've never had problems in my veggie gardens in all my years!
MICE have invaded my domain!
DOG GONE IT...anyhow!!
Just got 'caught' red handed! Ooops....maybe that is 'brown-pawed'...
The Old Man Mac....must be UPSET he got left behind!
He probably knows the Cowboy went to his old stomping grounds! Where he was born & raised, and learned to work cattle!
Here's two of the 5 holes I've found that he has dug thus far!!
Tuesday, July 15, 2008
And he's off.... to the North Cascades Country!
...not quite as early as he planned...
THAT just never happens! Cowboy decided to give all 3 horses baths before heading out, and then there's all that last minute stuff...like checking oil, tires, double checking the horses left behind for me (he put them all in bigger pastures & loaded up their feed to save me some work for a day or so), better sit on the porch with W.O.W. & drink another cup of coffee...
Then there is packing the cooler and loading everything up. Checking the "lists" twice. The girls, Tess & Millie have NOT gotten out of the truck once, this a.m.! Guess they decided there was NO WAY they were going to be left behind like last year!
Ok...we had to have another cup of coffee together..go over last minute phone numbers, cell phones for those who have them (which is everyone but my Cowboy!)
Enough dilly dallying! It's 10 a.m. and daylights a burnin'!
Here's Miss Kitty! ...a 3 yr old filly that belongs to people in Tacoma .
G'Bye :( ...there goes my Cowboy!
(atop a ridge of summer grazing ground -1997)
Maybe I should abandon all that is here and go out there!! Oooo...walking the ocean beaches with the waves lapping around my ankles is just one of the best things I know of, to provide a peacefulness in my soul.
Keep It Simple Stupid !
If my phone ever gets to working again....I've got alot of catching up to do! Blog visiting!